Development Updates + the Meta Pyramids
A Summary of Technical Achievements from April to August 2022
April 2022 was dedicated to the Treasure Hunt event. Our brand new virtual headquarters welcomed over 1,000 visitors within the first week! It provided our technical team with lots of learning opportunities, from both performance perspective and user experience as well.
After that, the MetaDojo team started preparing 6 contemporary Dojos for the next event in May — the Magic Seed. New materials and skyboxes were added among many other implementations such as:
- Directional light and avatar shadows
- Different materials depending on the GPU Tier
- Added MorphTarget handling
- Magic Seed and Plant integration
- Better avatar control, mouse sensibility settings and free camera view
June 2022 was remembered by a great virtual MetaDojo Ambassador Party! Here are some of the technical achievements:
- Updated avatar top texture function
- New rayline setup
- Added multiplayer ability
- Improved avatar movements
- Added fire particle system
- More avatar animations such as walk back and different dances
Finally, in July 2022, we successfully hosted a global Web3 summit in our purpose-built conference center “Meta Bloom”!
- We added a functionality which allows the streaming of any video content to 3D spaces. While webcam streaming is already a quite common feature among metaverse protocols, our solution makes it possible to stream video directly from external services such as Zoom. This feature is especially useful for multi-user events, for instance virtual conferences, exhibitions and AMA.
- We relaunched our official website with a new design and more content to better reflect the solutions we are building and delivering.
- The workflow and control panels are greatly improved, making all interactions much easier for future Dojo owners and Creators.
A Sneak Peek at the Meta Pyramids
As many of you might know, Louvre Museum is the world’s most visited museum and a historic landmark in Paris, France. The Great Pyramids of Egypt, being one of the seven wonders of the world, are man-made creations that we can all be proud of. A marriage made in meta-heaven, our design team drew inspiration from both and present to you — the Meta Pyramids.
My inspiration for this Dojo is my interest towards ancient cultures. To connect and build better space in the present, is to understand our past.
Art Director Meng Gong | MetaDojo
A combination of ancient cultures and futuristic thinking, the Meta Pyramids is the perfect place to host our August community event — a virtual exhibition of luxury handmade Tibetan rugs made by Atelier Changphel.
Atelier Changphel is a high-end interior lifestyle brand rooted in the culture of Tibet. We value the life and art nourished by the snowy homeland, and strive to pass on the time-honored craftsmanship, fusing the Tibetan tradition with modern aesthetic to deliver premium creations that belong to the world of today.
“Changphel” in Tibetan means “Northern Tibetan wool”. It is also the precious raw material used by Studio Changphel, the handcrafted Tibetan rug workshop owned by Atelier Changphel. The process of selecting and making Tibetan rugs carries the wisdom of the ancient Tibetan culture and the symbiosis between heaven and earth. In a time when time has become the greatest luxury, we adhere to the pace of purely manual process and closely connect with nature to bring the thickness of history and the temperature of life into every knot of Tibetan rugs through the hands of our craftsmen.
Where the air is thin, life is warming up. May our creations bring you warm companionship and the passion and courage to pursue life.
What to expect in the August event?
We are in the process of finalizing a few details of the exhibition. We will announce very soon when the Meta Pyramids are ready for viewing and the lucky draw is set for you to win some awesome prizes thanks to the team at Atelier Changphel!
Dojos are versatile and customizable 3D buildings that can be embedded to websites or deployed to metaverses with ease. Inside these purpose-built metaverse buildings, owners can display and trade their NFT collections, promote products and services, reward users for content created or missions completed, host virtual meetings and events, and much more.
Creators are significant contributors to the MetaDojo ecosystem, by turning their valuable skills and experience to professional services and/or NFTs listed in the marketplace.
Need more information about MetaDojo？